Is the word I Choose to describe this show. If your looking for something sci-fi with action and some mystery sprinkled all around this show hits all it’s marks. The art is top shelf, the CG is there but does not detract from the overall package. This show despite it’s bright colors is very dark at times and as I said earlier this show really does a fantastic job telling the story. The character design reminds me of Cowboy Beebob, little Space Dandy and some Gangsta. This style has less appeal in Japan, bold styles just don’t sell well, take a look at Gangsta for example, an amazing show but sold poorly in Japan, much better sales here in North America. I feel Dimension W will also follow this trend and will be a resounding success state side. Speaking about cool things doing great state side, You can watch this show on Toonami, Dubbed already. I commend Funimation for a great job with the casting and speed of which this release hit air. Speaking of Dub\Sub I rather enjoyed both versions of the show, if you had to twist my arm I prefer the sub on this show, I feel in love with the characters watching the Sub, but that is not say the Dub is bad in any way, it’s just my preference for this show. You can watch both on Funimation’s website, and you be the judge. There is a Manga that the show is based on, I have not had the chance to read it yet, but I also looks to be a good read. This is lovely show, I give it a glowing recommendation.
What I love about Dimension W:
- Solid Characters with great character building and design. Lots of detail and function.
- Thoughtful world building, this show has an amazing world and does not hide it.
- Solid action and great creativity to combat and movement
- A twisting and engaging plot, leaving you wanting more. This show engages you and this leads to talking to your friends about details.
- This show has does not pull punches, but it’s not all blunt force story telling it again makes you think.
Some things I feel this show could do better:
- More episodes! There is so much more that could be flushed out in this crazy World
- Little less Toyota CG cars, sure we they were cool, but they stood out a bit much at times.
- Did I already state this show needs a movie, because it needs one 🙂
Story *From Funimation.com*
In the year 2071, the world’s energy problems seem solved by a network of cross-dimensional electric-field inductors- “coils” -that extract energy from a seemingly infinite source. That source is the W dimension, a fourth plane that exists beyond the X, Y, and Z dimensions.
In this world, unofficial “illegal” coils harness powers that the police can’t hope to counter. Dealing with these coils is the job of coil-hating repo man Kyoma, whose run-in with the unique coil android Mira leads the two to form a reluctant partnership.
Watch on Funimation Stream or Toonami.